Table of Contents
An author submits a manuscript to the OpenBook website in Markdown. Sadly, no other format will work.
Why? Markdown combines several advantages:
- It frees the author from typography
- Thus, the author can focus on his content
- It allows for automatic generation of Table of Contents
- It allows for Search Engine Optimization
- It is safe and secure from hackers
- It allows for the eReader-like capabililities of openbook.pub
True, learning Markdown may be troublesome. Converting your manuscript from *.doc (or whatever) to Markdown may be a hassle. But, the rewards are worth it. And it is simply impossible to show a *.doc manuscript in our eReader simulation.